Thursday, February 13, 2014

ID Challenge #1

I'm going to post a picture of a sparrow taken in the Brazos Valley in the past month or two, along with a quick description of where it was taken. From there I'll let everyone run with the informed opinions! Maybe I'll blur the picture a little, or crop out part of the bird to make it a little tricky. Or maybe I'll post one of my many bad photos :(

Either way the point of this is to not just start yelling out sparrow names, but to look at the bird, notice the specific parts and colors and stripes, and come up with an answer. They may not all be right- IDing birds from photos is a different challenge and not always as cut and dry as you might think. Anyway, enough words, bring on the birds!

Sparrow #1
Taken at the George Bush Library pond- woodland edges with a pond and a creek running behind the woods.



OK good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a white throated sparrow...I just love that picture ..great job with the camera !!!!

    ReplyDelete